Expressions of Interest and Nominations are now closed
Call for Expressions of Interest to Present
Nominations for others to Present
AABAT invites expressions of interest to present research and practice at this high-level two-day Symposium, and nomination of guest speakers and panel members.
The purpose of the Symposium is to showcase nature-based interventions that are good for people and country. The event will bring together cross-disciplinary practitioners, researchers and policy makers to explore evidence-informed nature-based interventions as an emerging form of Outdoor Healthcare.
This 2-day Symposium will showcase nature-based interventions to wide-ranging stakeholders in a central Hobart location.
Day One – invited guest speakers will draw links between human health, the health of natural ecosystems and the importance of Indigenous approaches, within a framework of ‘nature for health’.
Day Two – will showcase the work of leading practitioners and researchers from a range of evidence-informed nature-based modalities, with time set aside to discuss the establishment of a national body to engage with Government.
Symposium Presenter and Nomination opportunities include:
- Keynote address on Day 1 (30 to 45 mins)
- Short Presentations to the audience on Day 2 (20 mins)
- Long Presentations to the audience on Day 2 (45 mins)
- Long Interactive Presentations on Day 1 or 2 (60 mins)
- Panel member for facilitated discussions on Day 1 or 2 (1 hr)
You are invited to express interest in presenting and/or nominate others to present.
To express interest in presenting, please provide the following information:
- Your name, contact details and a list of relevant professional affiliation/s .
- A short biography (max 100 words).
- State which presenter opportunity or opportunities you are interested in (see 1-5 above). If expressing interest in presenting more than once, please list your preferred presentation first.
- For each proposed presentation, please provide a working title of your proposed topic. We understand details may change, but where possible, please include the following information: Your rationale for choice of presentation (i.e. why you think it should be a keynote, short, long, interactive or panel-based presentation)
- How your presentation relates to the intended purpose of the Symposium
- What you hope the audience will gain from your presentation
- How the field of outdoor healthcare may benefit from your presentation.
To nominate someone else as guest presenter, please provide the following:
- The person’s name
- State which presenter opportunity or opportunities you would like to see them contribute to (1-5 above), with your preferred option first.
- For each nominated presenter, please share something of what you’d like to see them present on. For example, this could include a proposed title, topic, set of data, perspective or challenge for the audience (max 200 words).
All Expressions of Interest and Nominations will be reviewed by the Symposium 2020 selection committee
8 January 2020 – Expression of Interest and Nominations Open
10 March 2020 – Close of EOI and Nominations
13 March 2020 – Notification of Selection
Dates: Wed 29th and Thursday 30th April 2020
Location: Hobart, lutruwita /Tasmania. Venue TBC.
Submitting your Expression of Interest or Nomination
Please email your Expression of Interest or Nomination as an attachment in word format.
Subject title: Symposium EOI
Email address: firstname.lastname@example.org
Due date: 10 March 2020